The Department of Mathematics of the University of Georgia is a vibrant mathematical community. The department currently holds an NSF VIGRE Grant providing financial support for graduate students, and stimulating research and teaching collaborations among the math faculty, postdoctoral associates, graduate students, and undergraduates. Ours is one of only a dozen mathematics and statistics departments nationwide to receive a second VIGRE grant. We are noted for the friendliness of our faculty and students, and for our flexibility in adapting programs to the needs of each individual student. The department has particularly active research groups in algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, geometry, number theory, topology, and teacher education.
- New Graduate Student Orientation - August 5, 2013
- Congratulations to Sayonita Ghosh Hajra on her acceptance to present her research at the Annual Interdisciplinary Research Conference!
- NEW: Department 3-D Printer
- Congratulations to Ben Wyser who was awarded a pretigious NSF International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for 2 years study in France.
- Spring 2013 Qualifying Exam Schedule
- Additional Departmental Application Requirements since 2011:
- Math Subject GRE (Note that the Math GRE is only offered 10/13/12 and 11/10/12. The application deadline is 5-6 weeks before the test date so plan ahead!)
- A list of college math courses, grades received, and overall math GPA (see instructions)
- Gerard Awanou (PhD 2003, UGA) Awarded Sloan Fellowship