The faculty of the Mathematics Department are actively involved in creative research at the frontier of mathematical knowledge. The department is loosely sectioned into the following research groups:
- Additive Combinatorics
- Algebraic Geometry
- Applied Mathematics
- Number Theory and Arithmetic Geometry
but a great deal of collaboration and communication crosses these boundaries.
- Our weekly research seminars
- Our undergraduate research page
- The homepage for the Research and Training Group AGANT (Algebraic Geometry, Algebra, and Number Theory), an RTG funded by the NSF
- The archived homepages for VIGRE at UGA, a program funded by the NSF
- A snapshot of the department in 2008, with the research collaboration graph of the members of the department, assembled by Brian Boe.